Monday, March 14, 2022

My Top 5 News Sources

 1. The Ringer


The Ringer is my go to site for news each day. They cover sports and entertainment in both writing and through many podcasts they offer on Spotify. It was founded in 2016 by a former producer and writer at ESPN, Bill Simmons. There are a few writers/podcasters on that site that I really respect and value what they write, specifically Adam Nayman and Sean Fennessey. I have been reading articles and listening to podcasts from The Ringer for a few years now, and I believe their opinions on sports and entertainment are usually objective, and reasonable.


2. The New York Times


The New York Times is my main source of what's happening in our country and world news. I trust this site for news that is very close to being un biased and objective. The New York Times is a very trusted newspaper of record in America and has won many awards over its lifetime. It is the only news source I actually pay for, so I do hold this site in very high regard.


3. Variety 


Variety is a site I go to for the more general pop culture and entertainment news, like casting alerts, profiles, or critiques on films. I check this site every couple of days, especially around awards season for interviews and results from lower circuit award shows. 


4. ESPN


ESPN is where I go for almost anything sports related, from college sports, to football, to Formula 1. This used to be on every morning in my house growing up before I left for school and I've always used the app on my phone as well. ESPN allows for you to personalize what sports it should prioritize showing you news for over others.


5. Twitter

While this one may be a more unconventional option compared to the other source listed above, I do consider Twitter to be a valuable news source. It's an easy way for me to find out information that I want to know as it happens, compared to waiting for an article or finding a TV or live stream of the news. While yes, it isn't always reliable compared to published sources, it is almost always faster than the more credible sites and mistakes are usually resolved soon after someone recognizes a mistake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Technological Relationship

 Technology is a big part of my life, as it is with almost everyone. I rarely go anywhere without my phone, and oftentimes I'll have Air...